- Company Name:
- Garnet River LLC
Position: Project Manager III
Garnet River, a Premier Consulting Partner is Saratoga Springs is currently seeking a Project Manager III for a new york
The contractor will be responsible for the overall management of one or more in-house built, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software development, or Technical Service projects. The successful candidate must have exceptionally strong project management, negotiating and interpersonal skills as assignments may present significant challenges from both a technology and public image standpoint.
The client has several approved projects that will require leadership and project management experience. The project manager will have to be team focused, interface with various skill levels, develop organizational change plans, and implement those plans as part of the project. The project manager will need to be able to recognize when staff need additional support and develop mitigation plans based on the situation.
1. Minimum 8 years’ experience in overseeing medium scaled projects (those with a budget over $500,000); information technology
(IT) projects comprised of sub-projects and distinct deliverables; typically coordinates and delegates the assignments for the project staff numbering over 10; serves as focal point of contact for Customer regarding project status, meetings, reporting requirements; manages scope changes/extensions, and financial, administrative, and technical issues and concerns raised by consultant staff Customer/Program Area.
2. Minimum 8 years’ experience managing projects following a formal Project Management Methodology (PMM). Experience with NYS Project Management Guidebook or similar PMBOK-based methodology is required. PMP certification is required.
3. Minimum 8 years’ experience managing Application System Development projects which use a formal System Development Life Cycle with specific tasks and distinct deliverables.
4. Minimum 8 year experience using Microsoft Project. Formal Training in MS Project is required.
5. Minimum 8 years’ experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to analyze complex problems or systems, interpret operational needs, develop integrated solutions within a team environment
6. Disclose any other employment that candidate plans to engage in while employed with the client.
1. Past experience leading large, enterprise COTS implementations impacting multiple business units across an organization.
2. Past experience with implementing projects for New York State agencies and for public sector transportation organizations.
3. Past experience with implementing projects with organizational change component.
4. Past experience with implementing projects with legacy data conversion/migration component.
5. Past experience with facilitated elicitation and documentation of business requirements
6. Past experience with development of end-user training curriculum and implementing end-user training.
7. Expertise with IBM Rational tool suite
8. Degree in IT/computer
9. Able to see big picture, but still manage the details of the project. Offer suggestions to the team and guide them to reach the best possible product for the business area.
10. Previous experience strategizing best approach to implement new software products while minimizing impact to business area operations.
11. Demonstrates commitment to Project Management Profession, such as: maintains PMP certification, participates in PMI Chapter events
; assists others with obtaining certification, etc.
12. Scrum Master Certification.